Skip to content

Going to the Ausländerbehörde

Every non-EU citizen coming to live in Germany has to register with the local aliens authority (Ausländerbehörde).

You can only go to the authorities once you have made an appointment by phone.


Abteilung für Migration und Flüchtlinge

What will you need?

  • Passport
  • Confirmation of residence registration (Anmeldebestätigung)
  • Proof of income
  • Any other documents listed by your case officer

What will you receive?

Residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel) Keep this in a safe place!