Mothers or fathers are eligible for parents’ allowance after the birth of their child, if:
- They live in Germany and have a valid residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
- They can provide for the child themselves
- They live in the same household as their child
- They do not work, or do not work more than 30 hours a week
- They are studying or completing a traineeship/apprenticeship
Parents’ allowance is paid for a maximum of 14 months.
Further information is available on pforzheim.de.
- Completed and signed application for parents’ allowance
- Copy of your residence permit
- Original birth certificate of the child for whom the parents’ allowance is being applied
- Copies of the birth certificates of any other children under 6 living in the same household
- Proof of employment or copies of income statements from the last 12 calendar months prior to the birth
- Confirmation from the health insurer regarding the payment of maternity benefits
- Copy of the latest confirmation regarding the payment of social benefits or income supplements
What will you receive?
- Confirmation regarding the amount and duration of the parents’ allowance
(Keep this in a safe place!)
For more information, please contact L-Bank Karlsruhe:
Tel.: 0800 6645471, e-mail: familienfoerderung(at)l-bank.de